Site of the day: 51 Free Language Learning Websites That'll Make Your Mouth Water
FSF 1P & FSF 2D /3U
le but d'apprentissage (learning goal): Nous faisons une introduction au cours et à nous-mêmes. We are doing an introduction to the course and each other.
- Bonjour! Je m'appelle... Introduction activity - greeted each person in the class.
- Reviewed course outlines available in The Hub and went over together. Read with your parents/guardians. Use iPad or cell phone agenda or buy a paper agenda to help you stay organized for your classes. Good learning skills contribute to better work (and higher marks).
- Went over some classroom rules/procedures - see post labelled "Classroom procedures" for details.
- Talked about importance of doing some home study every evening Monday - Thurs. and some suggestions of things to do. Check this blog post for ideas: Home Study Extras
- Brief discussion about why not to use Google Translate. Watched Fresh Prince of Bel Air - Intro & Fresh Prince of Bel Air: Google Translated. See Why Google Translate doesn't add up above for a good explanation.
- Introduced the one classroom rule: Soyez respectueux/Be respectful. What does that look like/sound like? Wrote ideas on handout to use in a group activity tomorrow. Finish for homework.
- les devoirs: Should be spending 15 - 20 minutes daily on French home study Monday through Thursday. If all class work is completed, follow suggestions in Home Study extras
- finish filling in "Comment montrer du respect/ Be respectful" handout for group activity tomorrow, or at least think about it and the vocabulary needed in French as much as possible.
- Read over course information sheet with parents/guardians