Salute to Excellence assemblies - grades 10 - 12: Wed. Nov. 6
Reminder re: journal/blog. We are in the 8th week of this assignment. If you don't already have at least 6 entries done, get caught up. See your handout or blog post "FIF 1D or FSF 3U journal/blog" in labels section for further details and topic ideas.
FIF 1Dle but d'apprentissage (learning goal): Nous apprenons beaucoup du monde du travail.
- No class today. Students should be at a workplace with a parent or adult friend. Any students who did come had a supervised study period.
le but d'apprentissage (learning goal): Nous apprenons comment mieux parler en français.
- Trip to Hamilton Francophone Film Festival is changed to Tues. Nov. 12, still in the afternoon to see "Monsieur Lazhar. Permission forms distributed. Bring form and $5 tomorrow to reserve your spot.
- No class today because of Salute to Excellence assemblies and football game. Continue with assigned work.
- Le Bossu de Notre-Dame:
- follow handout of themes & possible questions/subjects for written project (parameters: 2 pgs. double-spaced, show understanding of book & connection to self or our society) - work on ideas & outline
- will also be doing an oral assessment
- re-reading book & questions A - D - oral
- do summary (in French!). Include:
- les personnages principaux
- la scène (quand & où)
- l'action (à peu près 5 phrases)
- vocabulaire importante - entre 5 à 10 mots (see question C for ideas)
- les devoirs: 20 - 30 minutes
- Le Bossu de Notre-Dame - re-reading, resume - try to complete & hand in for Fri. Nov. 8, read handout with themes & possible questions for written assessment - narrow choices down (or choose your theme) & start making notes of ideas for your composition.