Site of the day: Mistranslated menus - Don't use Google Translate!!!
learning goal: We are learning about narration through fairy tales and ballads.
- Continued discussion about Fairy Tales and narration today.
- Finished discussing and analyzing Little Red Riding Hood - discussed handout for sections 3.2-1 - 3.2-4 with class.
- Watched Roald Dahl Little Red Riding Hood and the Wolf
- Began discussing ballads
- Definition - handout
- In groups, chose one of the 3 ballads from the handout, read it and planned a presentation for class tomorrow.
- Homework: Read the 3 ballads and finish preparing your part of the presentation.
le but d'apprentissage (learning goal): Nous parlons d'une introduction de Notre-Dame de Paris.
- Notre-Dame de Paris - introduction
- Discussion in groups and whole class - Les thèmes de Notre-Dame de Paris - see photo for summary.
- song - Le temps des Cathédrales - discussed answers for handout then sang with video. Singing is a great way to practise pronuciation and fluency in speaking French. See Instagram @bevkukhtaj for video clip.
- Victor Marie Hugo - article - reading assessement.
- Time in class for Duolingo , : #PARISDIY or Free Rice trivia game or reading magazines or comic books from classroom library.
- les devoirs: Should be spending 15 - 20 minutes daily on French home study Monday through Thursday. If all class work is completed, follow suggestions in: Home Study extras
- Must complete and submit oral assessment recording "Mon introduction" if not already done.
- Request blog through HWDSB Commons sign-up if not already done.
le but d'apprentissage (learning goal): Nous apprenons les introductions et les chiffres.
- Talked about class procedures such as late arrival, leaving room for washroom or fountain, daily homework, using my blog as a learning tool, etc. All are intended to help class run smoothly.
- Read articles from Panorama 1 in small groups and did activities with each article. Each student created a personal vocabulary sheet of words and expressions that apply to themselves that they might be able to use when they write about themselves and submitted it for assessment at the end of class.
- L'emploi du temps d'Olivier pp. 14 - 17
- Quelles langues parlez-vous? pp.22-23
- L'horoscope chinois pp. 24 - 29
- optional: la Chasse à l'intrus pp.30 - 31
- When done, can work on Duolingo , : #PARISDIY or Free Rice trivia game or read magazines or comic books from classroom library.
- les devoirs:
- If not already done, request own blog site through HWDSB Commons. See this slide presentation for instructions. HWDSB Commons sign-up.
- Must finish oral assessment activity "Mon Introduction/Parler de moi-même" with the apps/website Explain Everything and upload your video to your Google Drive and share it with email@example.com if not already done. See Ms.K-J if you did not submit this assessment.
- les chiffres (numbers) - reference sheet and puzzles. Do 15 - 20 minutes tonight. No need to finish all at once.Spend 15 - 20 minutes on French. Use Duolingo or suggestions in this post: Home Study extras