Site of the day: How to talk about yourself and others in French
learning goal: We are learning about narration.
- Continued discussion about Fairy Tales and narration today.
- Watched video Cinderella and read "Cinderella" poem by Roald Dahl from "Revolting Rhymes"
- Re-read "Cinderella" by the Brothers Grimm and compared with Dahl poem using Venn diagram.
- Discussed connection to "There was once" by Margaret Atwood
- Started writing what you remember about sequence of events from Little Red Riding Hood.
- Homework: Think about stories in the news and/or your own life and and reflect on how they might connect to a fairy tale or try to find another version of Cinderella to watch or read.
- Finish writing sequence of events from Little Red Riding Hood.
FSF 1D & FIF 1D
- If didn't do this yesterday, requested own blog site through HWDSB Commons. See this slide presentation for instructions. HWDSB Commons sign-up.
- Finished recording oral assessment activity "Mon Introduction/Parler de moi-même" where students introduced themselves by speaking using the iPads or their own device with the apps/website Explain Everything. Allowed to use cue card created over the last few days. Do not write sentences. Follow instructions on handout with the rubric given in class last Thursday and hand that in to Ms.K-J when you have uploaded your video to your Google Drive and shared it with firstname.lastname@example.org . See Uploading stuff to Google Drive for instructions. This is our last day in the library so must finish today.
- When done, can create account for Duolingo and use that whenever possible to practice and learn more French or can try one of: #PARISDIY or Free Rice trivia game
- les devoirs:
- Must complete oral assessment recording "Mon introduction" tomorrow in the library
- Spend 15 - 20 minutes on French. Use Duolingo or suggestions in this post: Home Study extras