le but d'apprentissage (learning goal): Comment donner les directions.
- Watched BBC French Ma France Directions video A . These videos and activities are excellent for practise at home - an easy way to improve your French.
- les directions: Reviewed terms by moving around the classroom, finished listening activity (handout cahier pg. 10) and did a DELF A1 activity with partners. Tomorrow, we will practise again and be assessed by the teacher when ready.
- les devoirs: practise numbers or directions (say to self how to get home as you walk or take the bus) or watch the video again (click on link above) and do some of the activities (click on button at bottom of video page).
le but d'apprentissage (learning goal): Comment parler des événements au passé.
- le passé composé, l'imparfait, le plus-que-parfait - In groups, shared sentences from yesterday for corrections - using le passé.
- Discussion - groups and class: Est-ce que c'est mieux d'être intelligent mais pas beau, ou d'être beau mais pas intelligent? This is also the suggested journal/blog topic for this week. Used internet to look at images of Cyrano de Bergerac, Gerard Depardieu, stars without makeup, stars without photoshop and Dove evolution commercial. Completed more of the chart from yesterday: What I know, what I want to know, what I learned.
- les devoirs: review and practise: le passé composé, l'imparfait, le plus-que-parfait. Re-test next week.
le but d'apprentissage: Comment faire une lettre de présentation.
- Curriculum Vitae - was due Friday Oct 5. Must still be handed in as it is a summative assessment - no marks will be deducted, but must be accompanied by late note (refer to papers in classroom or post on this blog).
- Une lettre de présentation - handout examples and discussion of how to write closing , time to start working. We will have a work period tomorrow in the computer lab to start typing.
- les devoirs: Do some work on cover letter to prepare for work period in computer lab tomorrow. Can bring own computer to class if wish.