Site of the day: Is the Internet creating new languages?
learning goal: We are learning how to understand Shakespeare.
- Shakespeare: Romeo and Juliet
- Reflection from oral presentations of Act. Co-created success criteria - see photo for summary of discussion. Address strategies (i.e. used, what worked, what didn't, what could have done better - individual and group) for the oral presentation (both presenting and listening), reading (preparing the script) and media (2 films, the play itself, internet/research). Good copy will be due Tues. Nov. 24. Format is creative - can be written paragraphs, a mind-map, a video presentation, a Prezi, etc.
- Read Act I, scenes 2 - end and listened to CD. Answered vocabulary and multiple choice questions. Submitted for assessment.
- Reflection: complete assignment for Tuesday Nov 24.
- May wish to read Act II before listening, reading and assessment tomorrow.
- Bring a book to read quietly in class for any time that you finish your class work early. Read regularly at home.
le but d'apprentissage (learning goal): Nous parlons des événements au passé.
- Worked in computer lab 319 today. There are several choices of activities.
- Worked on editing le brouillon (draft) of newspaper article for Notre-Dame de Paris using your own checklist, using Spellcheck and BonPatron and having a partner check with their own list which they will sign and you will include with your work submitted with the good copy. Started working on good copy. Follow instructions on handout carefully to complete this correctly. Due date for good copy of article is Tues. Nov. 24.
- Ninth blog entry - See this post: Journal/blog FIF 1D or your assignment paper for details. This week's suggested topic: La pince à linge Ninja ou les attentats de Paris (see article link Les Attentats à Paris for ideas).
- Read blog entries from your network of 2 - 3 friends that you follow. Read each other's blog entries each week.
- When finished this week's blog entry and reading and commenting on your personal network of your friends' blogs, can do:
- Review les verbes au passé
- Find a song in French and create a listening activity. See Ms.K-J to pre-approve your song before starting to create your activity. This is a great activity to do with a friend.
- Duolingo , #PARISDIY , Digital Dialects (vocabulary games) or Free Rice trivia game
- les devoirs: Should be spending 15 - 20 minutes daily on French home study Monday through Thursday. If all class work is completed, follow suggestions in: Home Study extras
- Notre-Dame de Paris - l'article du journal - le brouillon - finish editing and work on good copy. Good copy due Tues. Nov. 24.
- le passé composé et l'imparfait - handout package - Due Fri. Nov. 20 - completed, checked and corrected. Check and correct own answers at this link.
- Home Study extras
- blog - this week's suggested topics: La pince à linge Ninja ou les attentats de Paris (see article link Les Attentats à Paris for ideas). See this post: Journal/blog FIF 1D or your assignment paper for details.
le but d'apprentissage (learning goal): Nous parlons des événements au présent.
- le présent des verbes -
- Created, corrected and discussed sentences of actions in present in small groups and with entire class.
- Handouts. Work your way through the handout package throughout this week. Check and correct own answers at this link. It is due - filled in, checked and corrected - tomorrow, Fri. Nov. 20. Use what you learn as you write.
- blog - this week's suggested topic: La pince à linge Ninja ou ou les attentats de Paris (see article link Les Attentats à Paris for ideas). See this post: Journal/blog FSF 1D or your assignment paper for more details.