Site of the day: French slang expressions
FSF 2D, ENG 2D & FSF 1D
le but d'apprentissage (learning goal): Nous faisons une introduction au cours et à nous-mêmes. We are doing an introduction to the course and each other.
- Gave course outlines FSF 2D ENG 2D & FSF1D and went over together. Read with your parents/guardians and keep in your binder. If you need a binder, ask. Organize your binder with dividers. See course outline for labels for sections. Use cell phone agenda or buy a paper agenda to help you stay organized for your classes. Good learning skills contribute to better work (and higher marks).
- Went over some classroom rules/procedures - see post labelled "Classroom procedures" for details.
- Talked about importance of doing some home study every evening Monday - Thurs. and some suggestions of things to do.
- Filled in "Student Information" handout.
- Introduced the one classroom rule: Soyez respectueux/Be respectful. What does that look like/sound like? Wrote ideas on handout to use in a group activity tomorrow.
- FIF 1D/ FSF 1D - brief discussion about why not to use Google Translate (see Why Google Translate doesn't add up above for a good explanation
- les devoirs: finish filling in "Comment montrer du respect/ Be respectful" handout for group activity tomorrow, or at least think about it and the vocabulary needed in French (or English for ENG2D.)
- Read over course information sheet with parents/guardians.
- Organize binder with dividers.
- For French: Home Study extras