- all 7 parts
- through Google Drive, share with firstname.lastname@example.org ) - Name your document carefully i.e. ENG1D first lastname Speak essay Apr 2016
- cover page
- good copy
- Works cited
- and on papers submitted in class
- completed planning template
- brainstorm sheet
- Link for essay assignment sheet and rubric.
- Example of Thesis Statement i.e."An examination of ______, ______, and ______ will demonstrate _______. "
- Use graphic organizer completed for planning. Learned about quotations, referencing, plagiarism, how to write an introduction, being specific - avoiding vague or awkward wording, formal vs. informal language
- exemplars of introduction and concluding paragraphs
- Useful sites: Purdue OWL (Online Writing Lab) & Citation Machine
- Transition Words and Phrases for Effective Writing - Writing Across the Curriculum, Transition Words for Essays & Transitional Words
ENG1D essay for Speak by Laurie Halse Anderson
Speak - essay - due Monday April 25: "How is the novel Speak a relevant book in 2016?"